Beethoven’s Big Birthday Bash
Saturday 19 September, 7.30 pm
Dunedin Town Hall
As we celebrate the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birthday, the DSO invites musicians of all ages and skills levels to join Beethoven’s birthday celebrations with our community play-in concert – Beethoven’s Big Birthday Bash.
For this special event, community and student musicians will work together with their DSO counterparts to create a mass community orchestra and choir performing extracts from the final movement of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony. These extracts have been specially arranged for players of different skill levels so that everyone can join in.
To join the orchestra or choir
Individual musicians of all ages, abilities and experience are invited to be part of this event either as members of the orchestra or the choir. No audition is needed. If you are interested, please COMPLETE OUR ON-LINE FORM, or contact our Artistic Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5 June telling us:
- If you are registering as an individual or as a group (if a group, let us know how many are in the group)
- Your first name and your last name and your email address, or if it’s a group that’s registering the main contact for the group and their contact email address.
- If you are registering as a player – please tell us what instrument you play.
- If you are registering as a singer – please tell us whether you are soprano, alto, tenor or bass.
Audience Tickets: Tickets for this concert will go on sale on Friday 19 June as follows:
- On-line: http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz
- In person: Regent Theatre (Weekdays 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, Saturdays 10.30 am – 1.00 pm)
- By phone: Either the Regent Theatre (03) 477 8597 or Ticketmaster 0800 111 999.
Please note that Beethoven’s Big Birthday Bash tickets will not be available from the DSO office.